Electrical wiring in the home must be functional and meet safety criteria. Therefore, the issue of its design and installation must be treated as responsibly as possible. This issue is best resolved when you are renovating an apartment or house . In this article, we will go over the main stages of accomplishing this task.
Any work begins with a preparatory stage. Therefore, you first need to draw a house plan to draw up a wiring diagram in a private house. With it, you can take into account all the nuances associated with the location of communications, and calculate the consumption of materials. It is best to do this while you are carrying out restoration work in your home. Like apartment renovation in a new building, this large-scale task requires serious material costs and great efforts.
After you have drawn a plan of the house indicating the location of all lighting equipment and sockets, a wiring diagram is drawn up. In carrying out this task, you must pay attention to the following points:
1. On the diagram, you need to indicate the total power of all household appliances that are in the house. Be sure to take into account the starting currents of electric motors.
2. To connect lighting devices, use separate power supply groups. In a small building, most often all lighting is connected to one group.
3. Be sure to consider the location of the fixtures in the yard of the house. If we are talking about a summer residence in which you do not live permanently, it will be correct to connect the lighting of the courtyard to your own automatic on and off switches. Thanks to this, it will be possible to turn off the electricity inside the building without turning off the lights outside.
4. If it is planned to use powerful household appliances in the house, it must also be connected to separate power supply groups. This must be taken into account if you decide to renovate your kitchen. Since such devices include, for example, an electric stove. The electric boiler must also be connected to a separate group. This is extremely important. Therefore, be sure to consider this if you decide to make repairs in the bathroom.
Having done all this, calculate how much power is needed to service all electrical appliances, provided they are simultaneously connected to the power grid. Next, calculate the total network load in order to correctly select the circuit breaker. Having done all this, it can be argued that the schematic diagram of the electrical wiring in a private house is ready.
Before laying electrical cables, it is necessary to mark the electrical wiring. It is best to do this task together or go to the professionals . It will be much more difficult to cope with it on your own.
In order to do everything correctly, you need to observe the following rules for marking electrical wiring:
1. all routes need to be installed parallel to the walls or floor;
2. indents from door frames, window slopes and corners of rooms should be from 10 to 15 centimeters;
3.The sockets should be at a height of 50 to 70 cm, and the switches should be 90 cm.
Having made the markup, you can go directly to the installation of electrical wiring. Installation of open and hidden electrical wiring in a private house is significantly different from each other. In the first case, you do not have to make grooves for laying the cable. It will be enough to use a corrugated hose or an electric box. Open wiring is carried out, as a rule, when the finishing work in the building has already been done.
Concealed wiring is more aesthetically pleasing. Since all the wires will be hidden in the walls. It is important to install this type of electrical wiring even before finishing work. Note also that the installation of hidden wiring is a more laborious process.