Bar design – stylish minimalism
What is the difference between a cafe bar interior and a cafe interior layout? A bar usually implies a long bar counter with bar stools. Please note that in this case, the visitors sit quite high, which means that the decorative elements should be placed at the appropriate height.
Often times, the bars have a muted color scheme. Such an institution usually begins its work in the afternoon, which means that you cannot count on natural light. Skillfully using light sources for zoning space, you can highlight the following.
- The common area is a bar counter where orders are made and drinks are prepared. The calculation also takes place there.
- Private areas are small tables with separate lighting. If possible, such zones can be fenced off with at least an island of artificial greenery. Unfortunately, bars are often too dark for natural greenery.
- Entertainment area. Depending on the specifics of the bar, these can be sports machines, game elements (a dartboard, billiards) or an area for joint viewing of broadcasts.
The cafe bar can draw its design both from divisions by interests and from mass culture:
- sports bars where game participants and fans gather;
- bars with coworking areas;
- bars in the style of science fiction and the cinematic universes.
Toilet as a business trigger for a cafe
For the sake of immediate benefit, the owners of the cafe save on the sanitary zone for visitors. These savings are predicated on future losses. The organization of infrastructure in cities is often such that it is difficult to find the most necessary. Searching for a toilet in the city brings visitors to a bar or coffee shop. This is where the unique chance for profit lies.
If the guest is alone, then it may be slightly uncomfortable for him to ask for access to the toilet. Here the task of the staff is to greet him as warmly as possible and, in the meantime, ask what drink to prepare for the client while he is busy. Human nature is such that, experiencing “little need”, we tend to make quick, spontaneous decisions. In 90% of cases, such a person will make an order.
When only one of the company needs to leave as needed, the rest have no choice but to look at the interior, the menu and, in the end, also place an order. In addition to profit, in this case, the cafe gets a reputation as a pleasant place where guests are always welcome and tasty.