Repair of a 2-room apartment begins with understanding who will live in it. The layout of the living space depends on whether a married couple will live with or without children, a large family or one person.
Having decided on the number of tenants and the type of rooms, we proceed to the stages of designing future changes.
Decide what kind of renovation will take place: cosmetic or fundamental. It is necessary to make a decision on the redevelopment of the rooms: old walls will be demolished or new walls installed. It is important to determine what should be present in the apartment: 2 or 1 bedroom, an office or workshop, a corner for an animal.
Decide on the style and interior of the rooms.
Choose a color scheme and lighting.
For full visualization, create a 3D image.
Initially, you can view the design of two-room apartments with a combined living room and extended borders.
An option for how to harmoniously fit the bedroom into the living room.
Increase the space through the corridor.
2-room apartment design
The design of two-room apartments, which is popular today, is the decoration of the walls, the floor in the Scandinavian style, and the choice of furniture of the appropriate texture. The preference is given to cold shades: gray, blue, brown. Mostly natural materials are used, which is very fashionable now. For example, wood furniture or crystal decor. Examples of ready-made apartment designs: LCD Novopechersky Dvor, RC Hofman, RC Sky Land, RC Central Park, RC Zarechny, RC Cristal Park, Blue Lake
Let’s consider each room separately to highlight its main advantages and disadvantages that are worth paying attention to:
- Entrance hall, corridor. Entering the room, you immediately find yourself in a small narrow corridor. This space is characterized by a constant deficit of sunlight since the sun’s rays practically do not get inside. Therefore, fresh flowers, as an element of decor, are not considered here. The corridor should be as simple as possible in terms of configuration: include a spacious wardrobe for clothes and shoes, have sufficient lighting and a small mirror near the entrance. Standard elements, but very practical. Their type and appearance will be determined by the designer.
- Bathroom. This room can be either huge or have modest parameters. For example, in a two-room apartment: the design of a bath and toilet in light shades is perfect for a room of two to three square meters in area. Owners of more spacious rooms can afford dark tiles and plumbing, as far as the amount of free space allows them. For example, the Czech layout is not very large, so a compact bathroom will be an excellent choice.
- The kitchen is where the family spends most of their time. Family dinners and breakfasts are held here, so it is important to create a cozy atmosphere and fill it with comfort. Buy upholstered chairs, a beautiful dining table, and choose matching countertops that will delight the eye for years to come. Optionally, you can install a TV, however, not everyone likes this idea.
- Living room. Here they not only receive guests but also spend a lot of time with their family, watching movies or playing board games. It is better if the room is bright. Thanks to this, you expand the space and add more “air” to the room. The important elements of this room are soft, large armchairs, a good sofa and a high-quality picture on the TV. The atmosphere should be conducive to rest, relaxation after a hard day at work. This room is best done in neutral, pastel colors or made completely dark. The second option is suitable for those who are looking for non-standard solutions and are ready to bring them to life. It is worth remembering that the dark texture must be set off with bright, contrasting elements. For example, the wallpaper in the living room is dark gray, almost black. Dark also TV, fireplace, possibly other decorative items. You can dilute the interior with the help of colored accents: a yellow sofa, blue armchairs, white chairs, a light ceiling, and so on. Of course, all the listed components cannot be used in one design, this is an example of possible solutions. According to new trends, all rooms must be done in the same style. However, you can ask a specialist to plan the design of the renovation of a two-room apartment in such a way that each room has its own separate style, its own characteristics. It is also worth remembering that the introduction of bright accents, non-standard repairs require considering the type of your premises and its area: 54 sq. m., 60 sq. m., 70 sq. m. or more. This is important because the wrong selection of furniture sizes and layouts can make the appearance of rooms comical, unattractive, and incomprehensible
- Bedroom. This room should be especially cozy. For its design, it is better to choose light, calm shades. A beige palette, olive, pale pink will do. In addition, you should think about a soft bed and high-quality room decor. You shouldn’t skimp on bed linen or bedspreads, curtains. They immediately attract attention and can “give out” a cheap interior or lack of taste in the owner.