The eclectic style itself is based on the use of mixed orientations and the arrangement of decor items, compositions having different origins and relation to various periods of time. When creating eclecticism, designers strive to combine no more than three stylistic directions, connected by a similar color palette, texture, architecture.
Eclectic style, correctly embodied by the designer, looks like a single whole. For example, the empire style is advantageously combined with modern or baroque, it is in perfect harmony with the classics. The main thing is that, looking at the big picture, there is no feeling of contradiction.
Here are the main distinguishing features that characterize the eclectic genre:
- rounded corners, strict vertical lines;
- special attention is paid to insignificant elements, it is they who connect all directions together;
- eclecticism of the interior provides for the use of furniture, whose decorative parts are of different geometries;
- the pearl of this trend can be called glass or crystal chandeliers and artificial parquet floors;
- often textile wallpapers (mainly made of silk) are used on the walls, and door and window openings are decorated with heavy fabrics with drapery;
- in addition to parquet, natural carpets are laid on the floor, and upholstered furniture is complemented by numerous pillows;
- if the room is decorated with paintings or mirrors, then the frames for them are selected with gilding.
This focus, first of all, brings comfort, convenience and beauty for the inhabitants of a house or apartment, and only then a combination of antiquity with modernity.